Friday, February 14, 2014
a bit late posting this week. as i had my own bit of trouble with the increases. first without consulting the pattern i knit 3 rib sections. only to discover i had skipped an increase row. maybe two of them. next i thought my "increases with pf&b" were too lumpy. i think Spud & Chloe Sweater yarn is just not a flat yarn and this problem would not be an issue with other yarns. but i chose it. for a good reason. so i must figure it out. redid on knit side but increased with "make 1's". found i did not like the way it seemed twisted. redid on knit side again but worked "increases with kf&b". not that clever of me. the pattern continues with this version. all of this happened. while i was waiting for another color to arrive. i picked "rainstorm" and it is simply a perfect navy. this one will have the pattern's seed stitch neckline. you just can never know at this point which you will prefer later. so i am just going to commit to both. did you visit Lisa this week. she started amd finished a pullover with cap sleeves. i was excited to find the pattern is ready. and plan to cast on a pullover soon. and i would say yes to a cap sleeve version with buttons. modifications: making 2 sweaters. one with rib at neckline. one with seed at neckline. 6 stitches for the seed button band. 6 rows for the seed neckline. extra 2 rows at neckline are just extra. so i can start the pattern at row 1. completed first increase one row earlier. i did place a purl stitch between the sweater and the band. will show you that next week. for more good stuff visit Lisa on her Polka Dot Cottage blog. for more about the KAL check the Everyday Cardigan KAL posts. and for the pullover check the Everyday Pullover posts.