Monday, November 23, 2009

it's coming....

take a peek at this advent i am making with Jessica. 2 of them have to be ready done and filled with goodies for Dec. 1st. we're making more than 2. the fabric is called Have a Sheri Berry Holiday. and in lieu of applique. we are stitching the outline of #'s with Perle Coton No. 5.the paper bag advent i am making for Mom. there's no link. i just made it up. my coffee shop kindly let me have bags early. so i could decorate. i could probably put 1 biscotti in each bag. but i will mix it up with some other stuff. the local pharmacy has that section where they sell small samples. of course i'll only get the things that Mom would like.would you believe that even the local scrapbooking store doesn't have stickers just for advents calendars. but for $2./hr. you can use their cutter and make whatever you want. so i quickly grabbed pretty paper and went to it. i needed 2 pages. since it was not sticky paper i had to glue them on.and i am excited about the fabrics i gathered for Carolina Christmas. in lieu of gold i am using a brown Jo Morton just picked up at the annual sale. the rest are stash favorites.

5 comments:

Des said...

I love love that you're stitching them on there!! I saw that advent and thought....ew, cutting out numbers. but stitching......yes!! And your cute paper bags!!!!!!!!

Clever karen, clever.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having a lot of fun with advent calenders Karen. I'm off the hook this year as we have a felt one.

Simone de Klerk said...

Such a fun project to make! And I love the Sherri Berry Holiday line. I just finished my Schnibbles with it.

Simone de Klerk said...

I forgot to say that it looks very pretty, also the way you packed the presents! Great job. Can't wait to see the finish.
PS: where did you find those numbers?

Anonymous said...

Karen, so happy to have my Advent calendar up on the 1st of Dec.! It looks beautiful.Thanks for all your hard work!
Love, Messie Jessie