Monday, May 17, 2010

first 8 rows knit by Linda.

extra project has begun and i am making my knitters work on the dp's. finding a 16 in. circular in size 7 proved impossible. so ya think i would give proper instructions. no. after i did the cast-on and two-rib-rows. my sister turned it (inside out) and started knitting. when i said she turned it inside out. what i mean is that i just gave it to her and said it's only 8 rows. she patiently undid that one round and then completed her assignment of 8 rows going the right way.i always always forget that my sister is left handed. never think about it ever. i wish i could blame that. i just need to keep an eye out when i make people do stuff they have never done before. we were both very young when she learned to crochet. we lived in England. and she sat for hours with a neighbor working on her hooks and needles. and used to cast on for me so that i could knit. thank you Linda. it's looks fantastic!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely colours Karen. I've got empty needles now! Must cast something on for those moments when my hands are tired of sewing.

Nanette Merrill said...

I have 2 left handed daughters. One of them is my knitter. I've never been able to get the hang of knitting.

Rumi said...

I'm left handed but my mother insisted I learn to knit and crochet right handed. It was awkward at first but I'm glad she did. Now I don't have to adapt patterns to read lefthanded.