Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

i made almost three of these blocks. from my stash which doesn't include pumpkin colors. so now a Halloween quilt in the making. block from old Better Homes and Gardens book called Holiday Quilts. i usually avoid the teenie square pieces. but it wasn't so bad.i don't decorate for Halloween. just this oldie but goodie pumpkin girl. i must have made her twenty years ago. i made the girl instead of the boy so i could make a face with a cute pompom nose. when i first washed her the color came out of the fabric. but she's still a cutie.

5 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I'd forgotten all about that fabric pumpkin. I used to make them by the zillions to sell at craft shows when we lived in the desert. Unfortunately I never saved one for myself - sure wish I had - and I no longer even have the pattern.

Thanks for the fun memories.

Anonymous said...

They're all so cute.

Rebecca said...

love the quilt squares, so the pattern is in that book? wish you had more Halloween colors, those blocks look fabulous!

Tine said...

I love those squares, and I like the colors you are using very much :-)

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! After making that Autumn wall hanging I think I could get intosmall piecing as it used up a lot of scraps.