Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

i made almost three of these blocks. from my stash which doesn't include pumpkin colors. so now a Halloween quilt in the making. block from old Better Homes and Gardens book called Holiday Quilts. i usually avoid the teenie square pieces. but it wasn't so bad.i don't decorate for Halloween. just this oldie but goodie pumpkin girl. i must have made her twenty years ago. i made the girl instead of the boy so i could make a face with a cute pompom nose. when i first washed her the color came out of the fabric. but she's still a cutie.

5 comments:

Pieceful Afternoon said...

I'd forgotten all about that fabric pumpkin. I used to make them by the zillions to sell at craft shows when we lived in the desert. Unfortunately I never saved one for myself - sure wish I had - and I no longer even have the pattern.

Thanks for the fun memories.

Connie W said...

They're all so cute.

Rebecca said...

love the quilt squares, so the pattern is in that book? wish you had more Halloween colors, those blocks look fabulous!

Tine said...

I love those squares, and I like the colors you are using very much :-)

Melanie said...

Those are beautiful! After making that Autumn wall hanging I think I could get intosmall piecing as it used up a lot of scraps.