Saturday, June 6, 2009

Patiently Waiting

while i wait for the roses to bloom. i continue to take short visits to my local park.an amazing fragrance coming from the yellows.across the path from the rose garden there is more to see. i just call these purple pompoms.a small tree with loads of new buds.another small tree with these hanging yellow flowers.behind is the small greenhouse.in front of greenhouse.a beautiful mix of new buds and closed flowers and then the fully open ones with large petals and gold centers.and then i make my way back to this bench to do some knitting.i love to watch tennis on t.v. so for two weeks the French Open has provided me with hours of knitting pleasure. but then i have to get outside. i have stopped at Starbuck's to knit so much that it was time to check in with my knitting friends at the local shop. i missed last month's sale but went ahead and checked the mark-down-bins. here's a peek at my $4. scarf. i found two lonely skeins in different colors and mixed them in my favorite stitch.and $10. for yarn i was eventually going to buy anyway i was pushed to overcome my issues with crochet. it was so enjoyable sitting around the big wooden table listening to everyone as they each worked on their own special projects. i missed that.

6 comments:

Shari said...

Wow what a gorgeous park to have access too. Lucky you. And perfect for knitting in the sunshine. The purple pom pom could be agapanthus... it's very popular here. It's not still cold enough for a scarf, surely? Or just getting ready...

Rumi said...

Oh, I want to sit on a bench in that park and knit with you! Is that a farrow rib stitch on your scarf?

ranette said...

What a wonderful park and so close to you....lucky you!

Eileen said...

AWEsome flowers. I especially like the one with the small bud and the open flower next to each other.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely park. I often have to force myself to stop what I am doing on my own and go and crft with other people. I know I will laugh a lot and have fun, but it's just getting the willpower to stop.

Thank you so much for the wavy wiper and scrubbie set- the post just arrived as I was typing. They are lovely in gorgeous colours too. Thank you for your generosity. Hugs.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my gosh I love the purple pom poms!