Friday, May 29, 2009

Make Your Own Variety Pack

congratulations!you have both won a Variety Pack. send me your info so i can drop it off at the Post Office. i plan to do this again next month and i've already started.but in the meantime. if you remember. i did promise you details.

Dish Cloth. pattern from Debbie Bliss Knitting Magazine. Spring/Summer 2009. i used size 5 needles in lieu of size 6 needles. i used Lily Sugar'n Cream stripes cotton(120 yds.) in lieu of Debbie Bliss Eco organic cotton(100 yds.). mine measures 10 in. x 8 in.Face Cloth. my own pattern. well not really. Broken Rib. one of my favorites. easy to follow. any combination of 4 stitches plus 1 will work. size 7 needles. cast on 41 sts. just slightly loose. K2 P2 repeat until end K1. repeat this row 54 more times. cast off in pattern just slightly loose. after pressing mine measures 9 in. x 9 in.Pretty Cloth. used Nanette's waffle dish cloth tutorial. after cutting squares i sink-washed the waffle cloth pieces and hung to dry before sewing on binding. this made mine measure 8-1/2 in. x 9 in.Wavy Wiper. this is my own pattern for a cloth that i sell on Etsy and that i am sharing with you. please do not use my pattern for anything other than your own personal use or for gifts that you are giving. size 5 needles. cast on 15 sts. Wave #1: knit until last 2 sts. K1inc1. K1. repeat this row 7 more times. stitch count is now 23. knit until last 3 sts. K2tog. K1. repeat this row 7 more times. stitch count is back to 15 sts. Wave #2: repeat Wave #1. Wave #3: repeat Wave #1. EXCEPT when working last row. the row with your last K2tog. you will ALSO be binding off purlwise. (another way of saying this is. when working this last row. bind off purlwise until last 3 sts. P2tog. bind off last 2 sts. purlwise.) mine measures 4 in. x 5 in.Scrubbies. used Berlin's knitted kitchen scrubbie tutorial. also read her scrubbie update. size 9 needles. i cast on & cast off tightly for a tighter scrubbing edge. & i found it easier to cut the netting with a rotary cutter at 2-1/2 in. then cut up the middle with scissors.Basic Cloth. this one is not part of the Variety Pack. but i'm making one from each colorway just-because. size 5 needles. cast on 50 sts. work garter stitch. until you have 53 bumps on right side. cast off purlwise.drop me a line if you have any questions. or let me know which knit or crochet pieces you love to make.

7 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Congratulations to the winners. Such generous gifts. Well since I'm a new crocheter I'm happy to accomplish a dishcloth! My biggest thrill was learning how to make a basic granny square.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Thank sooooo much I am so excited, I know you put so much work into the cloths. I am thrilled!!

Dionne said...

These are awesome!

Rumi said...

Thanks for the instructions! Now off to grab my needles and yarn!

Congrats to the winners! Woo hoo! you lucky gals!

Anonymous said...

Hia Karen thanks for sharing the secret of your wavy wipers- they look so cute. I love the yarn you used too.

Nanette Merrill said...

Sweet and lovely. Congrats to the girls. Good for them! Thanks so much for the mention, too!!

Eileen said...

I really love that scrubby idea.. and wish I could get more enthusiastic about knitting.. but it's always been one of those things that took too much concentration for me. :-/
Love all your cloths.. and the pack idea is wonderful.