Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I thru III

please visit other participants listed here.i could not resist purchasing two books. the clothbound hard-cover and the deluxe paper-cover. i definitely judge the book-reading by the cover. so it helps when i am holding a beautiful book. one has a 15-pg. introduction. the kind that is too much information when one is already trying to consume too much. but will appreciate later when you fully understand what you are reading. i will be reading them side by side. and at some point will find out why one has XXXIV chapters and one has only XX. can i ask how much longer before we get to the black and white scene on the moors where all that romantic talking takes place. and who is that telling me the story. and why. and how is he going to know what is happening when he is not around. i guess i am more comfortable with the narrator being anonymous.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was surprised by the narrator, too...I wasn't ecpecting him!

JoAnn said...

I never expected the narrator to be Heathcliff's tenant but, peeking ahead to chapter 4, I see we have some changes in store...

Victoria said...

The narrator thing threw me as well. I was *very* confused as I started reading...part of that may have to do with the fact that I knew pretty much nothing about the plot so I didn't know what to expect.

Whitney said...

I'm reading via a pretty cloth bound of Wuthering Heights too, but have restricted myself from eating while reading. The first few chapters of this novel can be rather confusing with several eyebrow raising questions. It's great though.