Friday, November 12, 2010

Christmas Cactus Quilt Along : blocks 1 thru 5.

Sandi has put together some great instructions. there are 25 blocks. and you have to make 4 of each one. i am using grunge from Fruitcake. plus an extra grunge color.i first saw grunge from Figgy Pudding when i made this. i remember my reluctance to use it. but now find it perfectly suited for this pattern. and now even more colors are available. my squares are cut 2 in. and Sandi includes directions for squares cut in other sizes. all of the details can be found on Piecemeal Quilts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these colors! It's so different from my original quilt, and it's going to look phenomenal. I'm looking forward to watching your progress.

Tine said...

those blocks look really nice! I don't know the pattern, so it is a little difficult to imagine what this quilt will look like :) But I promise to be patient!!

Anonymous said...

OO curious here! The brown is like plain chocolate- very rich and gorgeous.

Lynn said...

I usually don't like brown, but this is a warm lovely shade. Thanks for the link, lots of great things at the site!

Needled Mom said...

Great colors!!! It is going to be gorgeous.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Trusting the pattern can be hard for me sometime. The quilt you're making is gorgeous though and I have no doubt yours will be too!