Friday, February 4, 2011

Midnight Stars Doll Quilt Part 5

while searching for more indigo fabric. and some particular Hello Kitty fabric. i ended up throwing away more than 20 bags of junk. so my shoulders are sore. and for goodness sakes it hardly looks like i got rid of anything. these are the final changes i had to make. so review the doll quilt instructions. 6-3/4" squares cut 4. my pieced blocks were a few threads here and there a bit short of. but pretty close to 6-3/4". so not really a doll size anymore. must remember not to make silly adjustments so i can follow original pattern. check. 7-1/2" squares cut 4 into 8 triangles. 5-3/4" squares cut 2 into 4 triangles.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Looks great. Hello Kitty fabirc sounds fun to me, but I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Cute doll quilt! Getting blocks right sized is always a bit of a challenge for me.

Congrats on the impromptu cleaning spree!

Lori said...

I love it! The indigo fabrc you used for the setting squares is one of my favorites. Nice work!

Sharon said...

It turned out beautiful! I like the fabrics you used.

Karen said...

Your little doll quilt looks good. Very "old" looking.

AnnieO said...

Really cute! I like the indigo fabric too. It can be really hard to find indigo even in nicely organized stores :)

Maureen said...

Love the polka dots! How fun!

Corrie said...

Charming. The indigo is perfect. Very very charming. Nicely done.

Béa said...

Very beautiful, love your fabrics choice. Hugs from France.