Friday, January 7, 2011

Midnight Stars Doll Quilt Part 1

look what i found at the grocery store.have i distracted you from the obvious. me starting another quilt. darn. let me try again. what great organizing bags!! did that work. double-darn. now you really need to go look at the doll quilt instructions. because i changed a few things. i only made rust HST's. instead of half red and half orange. it's not important that i used 2 squares to make them. instead of some-other-quicker-method. but i've had this indigo fabric for 18 years. how do i know that. because when my sister was pregnant with her first child this was the fabric i used to make a hanging diaper bag. well i cut my squares bigger than needed. and just could not cut them down to a 1-3/4 in. square when i could get a 2 in. square. i just could not cut them down. so must remember to adjust accordingly. 36 2 in. HST's in the snack section.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I like those bags, I'll have to look for them. Uh-oh a new quilt, your secret is safe with me!

Lori said...

LOL! I love that you are using the colors YOU want to use!! That is half the fun of making it YOURS!

Anonymous said...

Good luck in sneaking a new project under the fence. :-)

Great that you are making it personal to you as well as using up stash.

Linda said...

I love that diaper bag fabric - and I like the way it looks with the other fabrics.

Taryn said...

I can never resist a good ziplock bag. Those are cool. Your doll quilt turned out great.